TITLE: Discipleship & Teaching Pastor
REPORTS TO: Lead Pastor
WORKS CLOSELY WITH: Executive Pastor, Pastoral Staff, Church Staff, Ministry Leaders
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
This individual is responsible for the overall discipleship ‘program’ of the church as well as to be part of the teaching team.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS OF POSITION:
- Master’s level degree in Bible, theology, ministry or related field from an accredited Bible College or Seminary with ministry experience is preferred.
- Consideration would also be made for a candidate with a related Bachelor’s degree and extensive track record of ministry experience.
- A lifestyle of growing in grace in his relationship with God as evidenced by characteristics of the filling of the Spirit as part of his everyday life: Loving and caring, meekness, integrity, a good conscience, strong faith, humility, success in the war against the flesh, purity, honesty, transparency, fruit of the Spirit, and accountability.
- Willingness to allow a full background check as evidence of personal testimony.
- A lifestyle of loving his wife as Christ loves the church.
- A lifestyle of making his wife and family the highest priority except for his relationship with God.
- A lifestyle of cultivating peace and unity in the home.
- Participate in adult preaching and teaching.
- Partner with the Lead Pastor in shepherding through counseling, hospital, and shut-in care.
- Partner with the Lead Pastor in special events such as weddings, funerals, baptisms, communion, and church meetings.
- Partner with the Lead Pastor in providing compassion for the struggles and concerns of others.
- Possess the necessary gifts and aptitude for the shepherding ministry of a Pastor.
- Oversee appointed adult groups and ministries.
- Develop adult spiritual growth curriculum/activities with the goal of equipping the body for ministry and continued growth.
- Recruit, train, and shepherd leaders for adult groups and appointed adult ministries.
- Teach sound doctrinal truth.
- Possess the gifts and aptitude for discipling others.
- Partner with the Lead Pastor and Pastoral Staff in providing spiritual leadership and direction to members of the church. The major area of focus will be adult discipleship.
- Follow the example of Jesus Christ as a ‘servant leader’ in the home and in the church.
- Be prepared to share and or assume the responsibilities of the Lead Pastor (along with the Pastoral Staff) if he is absent for an extended period.
- Possess the gifts and aptitude for church leadership and Elder.
- Competitive and negotiable depending on level of education from an accredited Seminary or Bible College, and ministry experiences related to discipling / teaching others.
- Benefits are included in the compensation package.
If you are interested in the position, please submit:
(1) a cover letter
(2) an updated resume
(3) speaking examples (i.e., link, attachment, etc. - if available)
(4) current references (minimum of three) to firstname.lastname@example.org